Monday, March 6

Movie Spotlight: In Her Shoes (comedy)

Again, I have a movie in the spotlight that isn't necessarily a FANTASTIC must see movie, though I did give this 4 out of 5 stars. It was a cute movie. Two sisters with only 3 things in common: 1) their taste in shoes; 2) shoe size; and 3) their taste in men. When one sister crosses the line a bit too far it seems they will never speak again...but when she discovers a long lost grandmother events begin to unfold that may make them closer than ever. Stars Toni Collette, Cameron Diaz and Shirly Maclaine (all of whom I enjoy).

So why spotlight this movie? Well, let me tell you. Sometimes, though not always, I'll venture into the Special Features realm of movies I've rented (I do go there all the time in movies I own). For this movie, there was a featurette...I can't remember the name, but it was something like from Death Row to the Red Carpet...clearly this was about the dog in the movie. How can I resist that?

The original script called for a purebed pug...but the director made an intentional choice to go for a mixed breed. Why? Well, because of the number of dogs that are often adopted immediately following a movie and then subsequently dumped. He figured if nothing else, maybe this would encourage people to get a mixed breed.

The dog was a pug mix, very cute, who was sure enough rescued from a shelter. Excellent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home