Friday, October 14

More Netflix

Clearly with being down and out I've been in a "fluffy movie" mood. Not a lot of depth to most of the movies I've watched recently, but that's really what I want right now. Unless otherwise noted, I would rate them as "ok" movies. These are in viewing order, not in order of favorites. If that were the case, I saved the best for last.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Four high school girls buy and share over a summer a pair of "magical" jeans that somehow fits all of them. They share their adventures with each other. I have to admit there was one point when I teared up, but my hormones are all out of whack so I'll go with that as my excuse. Cutesy coming of age movie.

Kicking and Screaming An athletically challenged son decides to coach his son's soccer team, putting him in direct competition with his ultra-competitive father. Will Ferrell, with guest appearance by Mike Ditka. Really, do I need to say more?

Man of the House A group of sorority sisters see something they shouldn't have and are put into the protective custody of Tommy Lee Jones (under the guise of being their cheerleading coach). As long as your expectations aren't too high, it's ok.

Woman of the Year An old Spencer Tracy/Katherine Hepburn classic. What more can you ask for?

Alexander Collin Farrel as Alexander. Uhm, yeah. Well I wasn't really expecting much from this movie. I got what I expected.

Fat Albert Fat Albert comes out of the tv screen to help a girl who has withdrawn since the death of her grandfather. Childhood confession: I used to watch Fat Albert as a kid, so I thought maybe I would like this one. Aside from movement from the "real world" to the cartoon world this movie was not worth the time (and I've got time to spend right now).

The Interpreter An interpreter at the UN building overhears something that puts her life in danger. She is put in the protective custody of Sean Penn. Plot sounds only vaguely familiar, but I liked this one a bit more than Man of the House.

Sin City Based on the graphic novels of Frank Miller. I wasn't really sure I even wanted to see this one, but decided to try it out. It was certainly graphic, however because of how stylized it was done it wasn't overly bad...and a very different style it was. Once I got into it, I actually thought it was ok.

Ice Princess A very smart high school student falls in love with ice skating while working on a research paper for a college scholarship. Ok, well, it's a Disney movie so there you go. One saving grace was that she didn't immediately climb all the way up the ranks. Other than that, well, again, it's a Disney movie.

Antonia's Line A glimpse in the life of a very strong woman (Antonia) and her equally strong family (daughter and granddaughter). Dutch film with English subtitles. This is an older movie (1995), winner of the Academy award for best foreign film. If you haven't seen it, you should.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Wow, you've watched a lot of movies! I've only seen Sin City out of your list here.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home