Monday, August 15

The Aristocrats

Boy, what do I say here? I was intrigued by the controvery following this one. To have a theater chain ban a movie? Hmmm, how bad can this really be? When we went to buy our tickets there was a little sign indicating if you left within the first half hour they would fully refund your ticket. Jeeeez...really? How bad is this? 15 minutes into it two people walked out. 20 minutes into it I considered it, not because I was offeneded...but because I wasn't sure if I could take the same kind of stuff for the full length of a movie. I needed a little more variety.

This movie is sooooo not for everyone. I actually can't think of a single one of my friends that I would actually recommend it to. I was glad I stayed, if only because now I feel a part of a secret. There were some very funny parts...very funny...but you have to be able to let go and allow yourself to become desensitized to it, and stay in a South Park state of mind.

If you want to know what it's about go here

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Cool...I like your movie reviews. I have to say I really enjoyed The Aristocrats. It's definitely not for everyone, but I do have a few friends I could recommend it too.

11:25 PM  
Blogger ren said...

I saw your comment on jodi’s blog so i took the liberty of responding. hope you don't mind (i was kind of bored at work...). here are ten to get you started…

1. So you like movies. Tell me, what do you think Is the best adaptation of a book to a movie that you have seen?
2. What movie did you pay to see and really wish you hadn’t and in fact, feel like they couldn’t pay YOU enough to ever see it again?
3. That said, do you ever walk out of movies if you don’t like them?
4. What is your favorite movie snack and why?
5. Please, tell me three movies that I may not have seen but I really should because they are just that good…
6. From your current reviews, I see that you’ve been watching a lot of “Hollywood” movies, but you also watch foreign films too…but what do you REALLY like to watch?
7. What would you like to see more of in movies?
8. What would you like to see less of? And no fair saying Jennifer lopez, that’s how everyone answers!
9. So, when you watch movies at home do you watch straight through or do you pause to get a drink, maybe make a phone call, watch a little tomorrow?
10. Read any good books lately?

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home