Monday, August 15

This week from Netflix

Because of Winn-Dixie I love dogs, so it's natural that I would be into dog movies. I'm afraid this fell short for me. The dog was great, although I didn't think he had a near big enough chance to show off his skills. The rest was not. This was an "ok" movie.

Guess Who I'm not a huge fan of Demi's "soul-mate" Ashton Kutcher or Bernie Mac, but I dropped this one into my queue anyway. Another "ok" movie, though I'd say a bit better than Winn-Dixie.

A Love Song for Bobby Long I was actually surprised by this one. It was in and out of the theaters so fast it was hard to tell if it was a bad movie or just so different for Travolta fans that it couldn't last. I think it was the latter. I liked it. Acting was decent and the story was touching, although predictable to some degree.

Desk Set I like classics now and then and love Katherine Hepburn, so decided to see Desk Set. It was a bit funny, particuarly for the geek in me. Spencer Tracy was an engineer hired by a television station to bring in his computer to help automate the reference department. Love the "sci fi" noises the computer makes when it goes haywire. Good thing that doesn't actually happen or I think I'd loose my mind daily! All in all it was a "I liked it" kind of movie.

Something the Lord Made Chronicles loosley the lives of two men (one a dr. the other a carpenter) who work together and ultimately conduct the first heart surgery every. Another one that falls into the "ok" category.

I really need to come up with a nice little icon for these. :0)

1 Comments:

Blogger 120BPM said...

I ended up liking A love song for Bobby Long. it got me to even shed a tear, which is usually a good indication that I liked the movie.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home