Sunday, July 31

War of the Worlds

I had to see this one in the theater. I figured if I liked it, I wouldn't want to miss seeing the effects on the big screen. I liked it...mostly. The effects were good. I could for a while forget about Tom Cruise's "oddness" of late. There were moments that I had to cover my eyes, I was actually a bit scared/nervous of what was going to happen next. Let's just say that I didn't walk out of the theater completely bummed that I had wasted a couple of hours. That said.....

Now, obviously, with a movie (and particularly an alien invasion movie) you have to suspend reality for a bit. However there were a few moments (4 of which really stand out for me) that I think they took a little bit too much advantage of the whole "Well, jeez...it's a MOVIE" concept. "Spoiler" alert in #3 and #4. Don't read if you don't want to know a minor part of the movie.
1. Ok, exactly WHAT devices are going to stop working? Come on! Consistency, people.
2. Let me get this straight, a huge airliner crashes. The house...shoot, the whole neighborhood is destroyed...but the van is fine?
3. Uhm, yeah...big huge wall of flame. Lots-o-aliens. And the boy survives?
4. The neighborhood at the end doesn't even look like a bad storm came thru let alone aliens that destroy everything in sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home